Monday, June 9, 2008

A Beginning

I'll be blogging here about our homeschooling adventures. I've been trying to decide how to organize the posts, but it looks like I'll just have to jump in and let the organization happen (Ha! Where have I heard that before?).

Another thing I'll have to get used to is identifying where living becomes learning - I'm not quite sure there is a line, and so I'll have to play that by ear, too. I'm guessing I'll just post about what the kids and I have been doing. It'll be great to be able to look back at what we've done, and this way, we can keep the grandparents updated!

The title for this blog comes from one of my many idealistic dreams: I'd love to see us working, playing, and learning happily together; somehow the ultimate representation of that, for me, has become an image of all of us gathered on the front porch some summer evening, singing in harmony. It's a picture of a family happy to be together, enjoying each other's company.

We're a long way from that dream, and really, it's more of an inspiration than a plan; the idea is to work on the "enjoying each other's company" bit. Anyway, we are here on our place, and we are together, so we've got lots to work with.

Hopefully this blog will end up documenting the steps we make in that general direction, but in the meantime, I'll post about what we do around here that we count as learning!

No comments: